Making the indispensable real: Research and innovation of palm oil.
RESEARCH AND INNOVATION. A weakness of developing economies is the lack of research and development. Innovation has tended to be the preserve of the more advanced economies. However, the income generated from palm oil provides the opportunity to commit resources which is currently being witnessed with most palm oil companies developing their own R and D facilities and several government initiatives are underway.
There are several levels for research and development for palm oil. Amongst others:
- On the level of production process, many plantations are characterized by outdated technologies and there is clear room for further research to include digital technologies.
- The development of palm oil seed varieties with high yield.
- Disease and pest control.
- Biochemical, physiological, nutritional, hematological and toxicological aspects of palm oil.
- Water recycling from POME and cogeneration.
- Support for downstream use of palm oil oleo-chemicals.
CPOPC Palm Oil Supply and Demand Outlook Conference (POSDOC) 2019 and Indonesia Malaysia CEO Forum (IMCEOF)
CPOPC Palm Oil Supply and Demand Outlook Conference (POSDOC) 2019 and Indonesia Malaysia CEO Forum (IMCEOF) JAKARTA -- Council of Palm Oil Producing Countries (CPOPC) is organizing the first Palm Oil Supply and Demand Outlook...
TRADE POLICY ISSUES. Palm oil is undoubtedly one of the commodities that has been developed to improve the economic and social fabric of palm producing nations. The comparative advantage that palm oil has over rapeseed, amongst others, that is largely produced in Europe, has created unprecedented challenges to the industries in developed nations.