TERMS OF REFERENCE
SENIOR CONSULTANT (TECHNICAL) and JUNIOR CONSULTANT (TECHNICAL)
Council of Palm Oil Producing Countries (CPOPC) is an intergovernmental organization for palm oil producing countries. The Council was established on 21 November 2015, thanks to genuine awareness of the need of mutual cooperation among palm oil producing nations.
Indonesia and Malaysia, the world’s biggest palm oil producers, are the founding father of the Council as well as the current members. The Council is now inviting other palm oil producing countries from Africa, Central America and Asia-Pacific. The Council seeks to unite world’s palm oil producers.
Assisting the CPOPC Directors in managing and implementing technical- related activities, especially in planning and managing issues on sustainability and smallholder, liaison with stakeholders; production of technical documents; and preparation and implementation of technical events.
- Develop program on sustainability platform, such as sustainability of palm oil related to SDGs, developing palm oil sustainability under agriculture sustainability platform.
- Develop program in which smallholder can receive a better price of FFB.
- Collaborate with governments and partners to elaborate sustainability aspect and facilitate program for smallholder;
- Participate in the drafting of quarterly and annual report, as well as meeting materials and the minutes of meetings (e.g., Senior Officials Meeting and Ministerial Meeting of CPOPC, and other meetings as required).
- Develop technical materials that include working documents (i.e., reports, presentations, minutes of meeting, translations, and desk-research information) as well as communication contents (i.e., blogs, news, press release, digitals, and letters).
- Participate and assist actively as directed by the CPOPC Directors
- Participate in CPOPC activities on day to day basis.
- University degree or master degree. Advance knowledge and experience with sustainability, ISPO, MSPO, RSPO, and any related areas are an advantage;
- At least 7 years (for Senior Consultant) and 3 years (for Junior Consultant) of professional experience, in particular with corporate and/or international organization;
- Experienced in assisting the implementation of sustainability standard;
- Strong background in palm oil market and technical research, reporting;
- Excellent skills in English writing is required;
- Experience in report, articles, and presentations, including collecting data on sustainability and palm oil market research;
- Attention to detail, the ability to multitask, and organized work practices.
Terms and Conditions
Start Date: As soon as possible
Types of employment: 4 months of probation, with potential extension for permanent staff.
Location: Jakarta, Indonesia.
Deadline of application: 13 September 2020. Please send your CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org